Friday, May 8, 2015

Jewelry Box Facelift

While at Wal-Mart last night I was browsing the craft section and found the chalk paint display. I had been wanting to try chalk paint for awhile so on a whim I grabbed a bottle and bought it. I chose Waverly Inspirations Chalk Paint in the color Agave.



It was so easy even for someone who has no idea what they are doing like me! I just cleaned off any dust on the box and painted on two coats. The instructions say to wait 2 hours between each coat but I am impatient and did the second coat as soon as the paint was dry to the touch. I let the paint dry for an hour or so and rubbed sandpaper all over especially around the edges. I am so in love with the results! I can't wait to find more things to give a chalk paint face lift from the thrift stores & auctions!

No comments

Post a Comment